Zhermack Tropicalgin is a fast setting chromatic alginate with tropical flavor and is indicated for removable prosthesis, study models, antagonists in fixed and removable prosthesis. Zhermack offers a wide range of high quality Alginate impression materials, engineered to meet each professional’s specific requirements. The property of a gel substance to exhibit fluid characteristics upon manipulation and to return to a semi-solid state is high in all Zhermack Alginates. The color changing property and the fast setting property along with pleasant mango flavor makes it suitable for use in pedodontics.
1 x 453gm Tropicalgin Alginate Powder
- Fast water absorption
- Easy mixing
- Homogenous mass, smooth, compact surfaces
- Pleasant mango flavor
- Fast setting
- Long impression storage
- Safe disinfection with Zeta 7 Solution and Zeta 7 Spray Simple and fast mixing without bubbles with Alghamix II
Max. Working Time
1 minute 35 seconds
Time in Mouth
Total time to set
2 minutes 35 seconds
Elastic Recovery (ISO 1563)
Permanent Deformation (ISO 1563)
Dosing and Mixing:
- Pour the content in the bag into an airtight container. The container has to be stored in a temperature of 5-27 degree C/ 41-80 degree F.
- Using the dosing spoon scoop out the powder into a rubber cup without compressing, level it off by passing a flat spatula over the top of the spoon.
- Repeat the process until you have the required quantity.
- Masure out 1/3rd of water (18ml) for every spoonful of powder (9g).
- Add the water and mix it according to the time specified in the table below.
- Spread the material on the impression tray and insert into the mouth before the end of the working time.
- Wait till the end of the time in mouth for the material to harden. Since Tropicalgin is chromatic, it is easier to identify the complete working phases.
Zhermack recommends ALGHAMIX II for the best homogenous and bubble free mixing of the material.
Working time – 1m 35s
Setting time – 2m 35s